tinkaton: franziska von karma | ace attorney (♥︎ prosecutor)
are we not all things? ([personal profile] tinkaton) wrote2026-09-08 02:27 am

130 ☆ why did I take so many screenshots of Edgeworth


A little while ago I finally picked up Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice, the last mainline Ace Attorney game I had left to play. And now it's all done. :( No more Ace Attorney.... (Well I've just started playing the second Investigations game, and I never did play that Professor Layton crossover, which I may attempt to get my hands on later.) I'm very glad they made these remakes for the Switch so I could actually finish the series, but I'm hoping they'll make a new one now that everything's been (re)released!

Overall, I was a little disappointed with this one. The story didn't feel as strong and none of the new characters really stuck out to me the way the newbies in Dual Destinies and The Great Ace Attorney are some of my faves. I enjoyed it because it's still an Ace Attorney game, but after how much I loved DD and TGA, I wanted to love this one just as much and it just didn't hit that same high.

Commentary/notes I jotted down while playing the game below the cut. (Major Spoilers!!)

  • The Khura'inese names in this game are too funny, it's like they're trying to make all the memes about AA names accurate. Pees'lubn Andistan'shin genuinely took me out. His whole heavy metal shtick was too good Definitely the highlight of the tutorial episode.

  • Moving on to Episode 2... Bonny and Betty's designs are so cute, and I definitely didn't see that twin reveal coming lol. Retinz being Reus I guessed as soon as Retinz did the sleight of hand to disappear the camera. But maybe that was also slow of me lmaooo. Anyway, in conclusion, tsundere Betty in love with Trucy......


  • Genuinely one of my favorite designs in the whole series.

  • Hello Apollo knows Sahdmadhi????? How many ex-boyfriends does this man have. Edit upon learning about the whole adoptive dad situation: my question still stands.

  • How many times are they going to make me watch this divination dance sequence.

  • Partway through episode 3 and my initial thoughts on Sahdmadhi: annoying and not in a fun way. I like his design though. Initial thoughts on Rayfa: she's funny I like her. Phoenix needs to be knocked down a peg by a teenage girl in order to truly excel.


  • He does have some funny lines though.

  • Whaaaat are the chances that Dhurke was Sahdmadhi and Apollo's dad fhdjskdhfjfk Apollo has to be related to at least one new person per game. But yeah if Sahdmadhi isn't secretly working to further the rebel cause they're gonna have to have a reallyyyy good reason for why he turned against lawyers lol.

  • The butterflies instead of confetti when you win in the Khura'in court is funny. Anyway case 3 was decent, good to get more backstory on this rebel stuff.

  • Blackquill my husbandddd you're finally back. It is funny they didn't change his design, they're like you're finally out of prison after 7 years do you want to clean up or anything? And he's like 'no.'


  • The Simon and Nahyuta hatesex must go hard.

  • For someone who went to prison for years for Athena's sake Simon is so mean to her dhdjdjfjf. But I miss his manipulative ass so much. He just tricked this rakugo artist into incriminating himself with his testimony. Perfect, love him. I need the next AA game to be an Athena and Simon game.


  • My pookies <333

  • Episode 4 conclusion: fun trial, I liked seeing Athena and Simon interact! Still have no idea what any of these trials have to do with each other, this game feels pretty disjointed with the protag switches and going back and forth between Japanifornia and Khura'in.

  • It's funny when they try to make Phoenix look cool and competent. We know him he is neither of those things. Apollo, don't even worry about this trial against him you'll be fine.

  • I love how they just have Edgeworth show up randomly to save the day. He's just got a private plane ready so we can fly off to Khura'in no problem. Thanks man. Phoenix marry this man asap you need the money.


  • Gay as fuck.

  • It's funny I didn't even think about how Nahyuta is technically a prince because Amara is his mom. They had to spell it out for me lmaooo. Also yes I suppose he's Nahyuta now and not Sahdmadhi anymore.

  • Garan's evil quick change is sooo funny dhfjfjfjtj what a design. And she's being so mean to Rayfa 😠


  • This look is wild work. Girl who does your hair.

  • I know these games aren't realistic at all but every time a prosecutor withholds evidence to reveal in the middle of the trial I'm like you can't do that.

  • Me, a fucking idiot, right before we start to suspect Nayna of being able to channel spirits: can Dhurke spirit channel somehow???? Anyway this lady must be Rayfa's grandma or great aunt or some shit.

  • Wow I sure guessed wrong re: the Nayna situation.

  • Apollo is so funny. "I don't care who the hell you are Miss Queen because I'm accusing you of murder immediately."

  • Crazyyyy that Dhurke is already dead wtf!! They just keep killing everyone Apollo knows 😔 This was probably the closest this game got to actually shocking me.

  • People keep getting shot in court in these games. Where's security.

  • Imagine if Apollo just got shot as he was attempting to accuse Garan. Funniest ending to an AA game. But omg finally he's brain blasting his way to using the Founders Orb to channel the Holy Mother, I have been waiting for them to do this since we discovered her face lmao.

  • Okay what the hell we didn't even summon her??? Lame as hell. Why did we go through all that for nothing.

  • Sad that Apollo is leaving the agency 😔 Also they should have had one last family moment with Maya channeling Dhurke, it's sad Rayfa never got to talk to him :( Incredibly funny this country's whole legal system is just one family bickering.


  • Dad and daughter behavior.

  • Okay I don't know where else to put this so before we get into the DLC. Am I in the wrong for not caring about Nahyuta lmao. Even learning the truth about why he turned against Dhurke it's like, he's just kind of a jerk. And not in the fun way most of the prosecutors are? Maybe it's the religious bent of it, like shut the fuck uppp I don't care about going to hell. Rayfa is rude but in an amusing 14-year-old girl way. With Nahyuta it's like you are a grown ass man. Idk he just never won me over.

  • Starting up the special episode: Oh god not Larry.

  • Ok I am weak to nostalgia I admit, getting to go up against Edgeworth with Maya at your side 🥺 I've been reading Wrightworth fic ever since I beat this game.


  • Spoken like a man who never gets flowers from his husband.

  • Them making you cross examine Larry's testimony calling Phoenix a jerk sgdhdjfntn

  • It's so funny how obvious some things are and yet I don't pay any attention. Pierce pulled out that pocket watch 500 times and I never noticed it in the photograph at all.

  • Anyway, fun little case, not as good as the Orca special episode but what can you do. Here's a Trucy:


  • The perfect family.

Congratulations if you made it through all that. Can you believe there's almost 300 more fics for Nahyuta/Simon than for Simon/Bobby(/spoiler) on AO3? The former pair interacts for a single episode. I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone. Don't you want Simon to suffer? Don't you want angst? Who are you people.
rionaleonhart: ghost trick: lynne, fist clenched, making a passionate argument. (you've got that wrong)

[personal profile] rionaleonhart 2026-09-08 04:38 pm (UTC)(link)
I had a similar experience with Spirit of Justice; I loved Dual Destinies and found this one slightly lacklustre in comparison, in part because Nahyuta was such a bland prosecutor. Also: stop giving Apollo a fresh backstory in every game! I love Apollo, but he's got enough backstory!

Still fun, though! And it had some nice moments for my Athena/Apollo ship.
qilindeer: A drawing of Sylvie, an original Genshin character, with a pride border around it. Within it are the asexual and cassgirl flags. (Default)

[personal profile] qilindeer 2026-09-08 06:56 pm (UTC)(link)
LMAOOO god it’s been so long since i’ve played the game, amusing to read thru ur thoughts on it but FR BLACKQUILL LOOKING THE SAME AFTER SO LONG??? also how tf do they have more fanfics…